Monday, September 17, 2012

After Kahuku vs Castle game (with Sage)
 kia ora family, tu te ra mai nga iwi, tatou tatou e! haha shot family, how you guys doin ay?
mean. My new areas been mean az so far, im loving it ay. Its been totally different switching my whole mind set from spanish to english all in one day. Im determined hard to learn the language and feel that the lord will bless me as I continue to put forth my works. The first day was crack up az ay lol we had heaps of lessons and I had no clue what was going on. All I knew is the topic we were talking about lol so the whole day I would just nod my head very sincerely pretending like I knew what was going on but deep down I had no idea haha. I can speak, teach a lesson and testify but really just have a hard time understanding the natives. There from all over south america so everyones spanish is different az lol. Iv already learned so much spanish in the couple days that iv been here so I know it will come. Church was really good yesterday. I was able to get up and share my testimony and speak the reo so im just really excited to finally speak the language I was called to speak. My new companion is elder Wright, a cool as dude. I love the fala already ay. Hes the district leader and we live with the zone leaders so im with these guys who are just on to it and hard workers. Im excited to be with them and learn from them. We are right next to lake michigan and its massive, the whole area is just a beautiful place and we have a rich as apartment. We have the key to the chapel so we go and play basketball in the mornings. So this is just a little taste of the new area I will be serving in. Im not so confident with the language and it just kills me cuz you know im not the type of guy that will depend on others and to be a hinderence. So im trying my hardest to have the spirit with me so that I am worthy to have the gift of tongues. I wanna be able to support my companion and speak the language, so im really trying my best to study and advance as quik in speaking and conversing. I know that if I can speak the language, ill be able to teach more simply and to their understanding, so there's heaps of goals for this transfer. I dont have much to say ay family. Its a new beginning, new people and experinces. Just excited and happy to learn, improve and do the work. This morning I came across these verses in Alma 7 and it helped me really put things into perspective. It says:
23 And now I would that ye should be ahumble, and be bsubmissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God "at all times"; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive. 24 And see that ye have afaith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

I know if we aquire these attributes and live them "At all times", no matter what the obstacle, "ye will always abound in good works." simple promises given to us by the lord which he is bound to as we are faithful. This is my route imma take to learn the language and preach the gospel. pretty mean ay lol.
Anyway family Im glad everyone is working hard and doing good in their endeavors, awesome. Thanks for your support and your advice. Con bro your the man broski, how do I learn the language in a week? lol let me know bro. Im doing my part and just being patient with it. Lia so awesome girl about your softball, mean!! eat em up lia. Ash bro your crack up man, you still one ounce or wut? lol shot bro, keep training hard to the end bro, no resting bro, endure it, eat it up ash. Do it for us mean, serious bro, how much you benching now? make sure you do cleans and dead lifts, stuff like that. Thats gonna make you more explosive, so do it. shot bro I love you ay. Mum and dad how you falas doing ay? working hard ay, thats good mean. Thanks for all you do to allow me to be hear. For the shave ice and all the things you guys are doing to make us kids happy. I am happy ay, happy as to be here serving the lord, the work is fun az and the knowledge I have gained of the gospel has made me so much more grateful for everything that I have, my family. Thank you family, you guys are awesome, my best friends ay, I love you guys, have a beautiful week and Ill here from you all next week. Thank you for the letters, keep up the good work, peace!
 
elder kanahele kaka

No comments:

Post a Comment