Monday, December 17, 2012

Kia ora family!! dang beautiful letters man! Its like Christmas every week getting your letters family and so I want you to know how grateful I am for you all, I love you guys so much ay, My family's mean man! hoohoo. Hey mum and dad love you guys ay.
 
Family, we had awesome week ay. Con bro i feel like up to this point in my mission bro, what has been most successful for me is just obedience and work. I like to go through the White handbook weekly with my comps to make sure we are living every rule bro and really just set the standard for our companionship and its brought so much blessings to my life. Finding investigators is another story ay. We try to work hand in hand with the members just like PMG says and really just strengthen the branch, less actives and part member families and have found a lot of teaching opportunities that way. Because our area is not dominant with Hispanics we also go through the Phonebook to find where all the Hispanics live, and at every door approach bro, we are persuasive, genuine, and bear testimony right off the bat. When people recognize that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and that our message will bless them in every aspect of their lives, they have been more open to our message of the restoration. We try to have lessons with everyone we can right at the door whether we get in or not and set up appointments daily, this has been huge for me bro. We seek people from the area book and ask for referrals from everyone possible. Bro really for me bro iv found that we constantly need to be mixing up what we do. If one thing ain't working out, do something different. If you want different results in any aspect of your life, change what you are doing, refocus your efforts, do a self evaluation then change and improve. Iv found that the lord will put you in peoples paths if your doing all you can to find them. not just using your heart but also your mind, theres a huge difference there ay. And so bro, this has been the work for me ay bro. Just balls out hard. This past week we found like 10 new investigators. We are working with 4 families right now and two of them have baptismal dates. We want more baptisms so were really trying to focus the work on families and its made a huge change in the work ay. But man we had a good week and had investigators attend both the Christmas party and church. Our branch is so awesome and so supportive of the missionaries and i feel its after we've gained their trust that the work has really moved forward. Its the best feeling watching families progress, feel the spirit and actually begin to make changes in their lives. Im a witness of the lords blessing that come from living the gospel because iv seen it many times through out my mission. It was cool cuz i received a Christmas box from my investigator Dee Hardrath and her husband Jim from my last area, I don't know if you remember them but they sent me a box and a card and it was so cool. We don't always realize how much people are affected by the gospel, by your example and by the spirit you carry when worthy of it, but they feel that. And they pointed that out to me, so cool ay. But family things are algud with me ay, I got called on the spot yesterday in church to give a talk and I straight through it down on the branch like I was the prophet haha but it was so cool to do that ay. My Spanish has improved heaps man, still going though, time and experience is all it is, but ye family. My mission has been a huge blessing and miracle to my life and im so proud to be apart of this great work, it brings such satisfaction.
Anyway though family man you guys look so good in your pics. man like grind you guys lol man every ones getting huge man, was gitz before I left, like ash and his boys and even lia man so grown up. I love you guys so much ay. Con bro, your the man uce, give aunty a kiss bro lol you look sexy as in your pics to bro, good on you uce, surfing so'o i hear oiyoiyoiy mean bro. Family fa thanks for everything I love you guys so much and look forward to hearing from you on Christmas, make sure to send me those details asap so we don't have problems on the day ok. Love you guys ash,lia, con, mum, dad you guys are my life. Have a mean week, ill hear from you then!!
elder kaka

No comments:

Post a Comment