Monday, January 13, 2014


 Hey you falas!! hows it goin ay?? Good to hear from you guys ay. Ash bro crack up as g!! your hair cutting bro. Im happy as for you bro. I just finished cutting some hairs today bro. I do a crappy as job ay lol iv gotten worse out here haha its good though. Glad to hear you doing your thing bro. I remember back in kahuku bro I use to sell lollie pops and fruit rollups bro haha that was a crack up. Sometimes when I give out dvds and Book of Mormons I think about just selling them ay haha get some moneys haha na jokes man.
     I had a good week family. IT was zero degrees the other day when I went on an exchange in another area and it felt normal to me cuz its just been so cold lately. Im "acclimated" woiya! We had 4 investigators come to church yesterday it was so cool. They were people we just met this past week and they all showed up it was so cool. We gave talks yesterday and taught the classes so it was cool for them to see young people teaching compared to what they are used too. Our members connected with them real well and so we hope to see some continued progress with them this week. Last night we had a lesson with 3 African American guys same age as me. It was hilarious man. African American guys are some funny people man without trying. Every time  they liked something we said, they would say something like "oh daaang bro thas tight... ye thas what it is man" crack up as man. We had a awesome lesson with them though, taught the restoration and it just rang in them man, it just felt right to them. I love when that happens. They accepted baptism in a heart beat. They are hard into making music, singing and rapping and so I told them I would bring my guitar the next lesson.
     The weather has been warming up a lot lately and so we are trying to take advantage of the weather. Tomorrow is Zone Training Meeting and so we are getting ready for that, no rest for the wicked ay. My goal before I finish is to bring a family into the church. Im so determined to do that.
     I had a cool experience this week being able to go back into my old area on exchanges and taught an investigator that I found long ago. We had a powerful lesson with him. His name is Catalino. He was doing really well at one point but stopped taking the lessons because of some bad example members in the ward that really killed his trust. We went and taught him and  I was wondering what I would say especially being that it would be my only
chance to teach him ever again. I felt to open to Mosiah 18. We got him to read some verses and I had no clue this would happen but it was exactly what he needed to hear. His countenance lit up and he said " I want to get baptized. I will get baptized on Febuary 2nd" We were shocked. It must of been something or some question he needed answered and it was. The Book of Mormon is a powerful book and iv seen it change people over and over again. In Lehis dream the rod of iron was the only thing that linked the people from wherever they were on the path, to the tree of life. with out that rod the people would have all fallen away and perished. Today with the world around us iv seen such a great need for the Book of Mormon.  Without it we would have no chance. I love the council of our leaders in the talk "Safety for the soul"

"The Savior warned that in the last days even those of the covenant, the very elect, could be deceived by the enemy of truth.

Brothers and sisters, God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has again done that in our time. Remember this declaration by Jesus Himself: “Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived” and in the last days neither your heart nor your faith will fail you."
I have seen the blessings of strength the Book of Mormon brings to those who treasureth it up mostly in my own life. Love you family! Thank you for your letters and for your prayers. I have been blessed by them.

Elder kanahele kaka

No comments:

Post a Comment