Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kia Ora Family!! 
Thanks for your letters, awesome as family sounds like you guys are doin great and thats good to hear. family i leave next week tuesday at at 7 am but idk yet when i get to call home cuz my travel plans are all messed up but im gonna go check things out today since its p-day. so its either the delay in denver that ill get to call you or at the airport in utah idk but ill let you know asap. as for me family im doing really good ay, had a really awesome week, seen roman benioni his first day so that was cool, hes still a big guba lol but ye family excited to call home ay, you falas better not cry the whole time lol. love you tho family, falas gettting all popular with that shave ice ay? thats so cool man, blessings unfolding man. family im excited to soon enter the field and know it aint gonna be easy but im excited for the challenge, i am very satisfied with my time here and have really done all i can to learn and grow as much as possible and its been a life changing experience, I’ve learned so much ay. me and my companion got picked out of a hundreds other missionaries to help with the first day of the new missionaries coming in this Wednesday which is tomorrow. we are going to give a live lesson with the investigator for them to give them a taste of things so we had a training last night for it and it was awesome ay, really felt the spirit we had all these volunteers come in and we just went one on one with them and some of them aren’t members so it was a real experience for me. me and my companion are doing really well ay, I’ve learned so much from him and i really haven’t had any run ins ay family. i get mad as at times but able to work things out. I’ve set goals for myself this week to finish reading the book of Mormon and i have about 50 pages left so I’ll do that today but that was one of the goals i had here in the mtc and its been awesome ay family, so much other goals iv set that I’ve already accomplished and I’ve really come to understand the principle of setting goals, long term, short term, day goals , weekly goals, and all kind of goals. But this is something that’s really helped me to use my time wisely cuz i know exactly what im gonna do each hour of the day so that every second is spent on the lord. I’ve learned so much here and this new calling has been a handful man, meetings all week for idk wut, but we can’t complain ay. con thanks for your words of wisdom, that’s a awesome analogy bro and theirs another one similar to that which my teacher always mentions to us, but i know exactly what you’re talking about bro and i work my butt off so that i don’t have that problem. This new calling has really humbled me. Every night we go around to say good night to all the elders in our zone and me and my companion are pretty much their mums and dads. i had this one elder who was just so down and was seriously thinking of leaving, i felt so bad for him ay cuz hes having a hard time learning the language, missing home, and is a really sensitive guy, i was hugging him and just trying to comfort him through my testimony, but it was so humbling for me ay family, knowing that there are others who have it harder than we do, but as soon as we are able to help them and serve them, we immediately forget our own problems, well this was exactly how i felt and i was just so overwhelmed that i started to cry myself. That night i was so grateful to have this leadership opportunity or i would have never been able to see what this guy was going through and be able to help him. This pass Sunday our branch presidency had a meeting so me and my comp was asked last minute to conduct priesthood meeting for our zone. We had no time to prepare for it cuz we had heaps of meetings but family it was the best lesson we ever gave ay and i can’t believe how real the spirit is. This is a taste of what i am able to experience each day as zone leader and it really has forced me to be extra better in all that i do so that i am worthy to be a leader to the other missionaries. Family im so excited to leave to the field and grateful for all your support, and your letters, they really are comforting to me, even though i know the lord is pouring out blessing upon you. i love you family and ill hear from you next week. mum and dad ill give you guys my address as soon as i get there so you guys can send me my particle blessing and watch. Thanks family i love you guys. basketball has been a highlight of this place, str8 up memories man lol and you know how that goes with me ay family, up the guts all the way lol. but my flight times is:
Tuesday leave utah at 7am and arrive in denver 8:30 and leave denver at 9:57 and arrive at wisconsin at 1:17 thats it lol if you guys have any other questions just dear elder me and ill email you back
Ill either call you guys in Utah or in Denver. Most likely Denver, i have no clue but love you family byee
love elder kanahele kaka

No comments:

Post a Comment